1. Red light power switch at the back of the machine doesn't light up and the machine doesn't work.
- Check the fuse located behind the machine, under the power cord socket.
- If the fuse is broken, replace the fuse with provided extra fuse (see operation manual p.27 for the instruction of fuse replacement).
- Check the source of power supply.
- Check that the power cord connection for both the electrical wall outlet and the power cord connector.
- Check if the red light power switch at the back of the machine turned on.
2. Red light power switch at the back of the machine is on, but the machine doesn't work.
- Check out if the housing filter (screen housing) attached and clamped in to the main body. There is a safety sensor on the housing filter so the machine is not working until the housing filter attached to the main body correctly.
- If still not working, safety sensor might not be working properly, contact the customer service department at email@example.com.
3. Fan located at the bottom doesn't operate properly.
- Stop using the juicer and contact the customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org for repair service.
4. Motor is running but the grinding gear doesn't operate.
- This means the safety gear of the speed machine has been disabled.
- Contact the customer service department at email@example.com for repair. (The Angel Juicer has many safety devices installed to protect customers when they put too much ingredients or apply high pressure. The last safety device is the one within the speed gear).
5. Motor stops suddenly while processing the juice.
- This means that the motor has overheated, and the heat safety sensor has stopped the motor. Leave the machine for 20 minutes with power on for cooling fan to run, and the machine will operate once again after the heat has subsided.
- Check if all parts are correctly assembled.
- Make sure the machine is not overloaded.
- Use smaller size or portions of food.
- Check the fuse (see operation manual p.27 for the instruction of fuse replacement).
6. The Angel Juicer has a built-in breakdown sensor device.
- If the power light lights up and the main unit beeps when turned on, unplug the device from the power source and contact the customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Juice flows back while processing ingredients that has little cellulose and a lot of water, such as tomato.
- It is necessary to adjust the feeding speed because these ingredients are easily processed even with a slight push.
- If too much pressure is applied, not only will it juice less but also the process will become slower, in severe cases causing the clamp to pop open.
- This does not mean the machine is broken; you may insert a spoonful of pulp into the feeding chute again to prevent juice from dripping.
- Slower insertion of ingredients will also help.
8. Chopsticks or a knife gets stuck in the feeding chute or between twin gears and housing filter by mistake.
- Hold the chopstick or knife and pull outwards while pressing the reverse button.
- For Angel Juicer 7500 and 8500S Series, the machine will automatically go into reverse until the metal piece comes back out.
- For Angel Juicer 5500, the reverse function is manually operated as pressing and holding the "Reverse" button until the objects released.
9. Food Jammed.
- Angel Juicer has an automated stop safety function that disables the machine to juice when the feeding chute is overloaded.
- In the event of an automated stop, press the "Reverse" button for 2 to 3 seconds (or press and hold as required until it clears) and then press the "Start" button to continue juicing. Repeat as needed.
10. Twin gears are stuck to the housing filter (screen housing).
- If pulp is lodged inside the housing filter (screen housing), the twin gears can get stuck to the housing filter. Follow the instruction step by step.
- Step 1: Plug the power cord into the electrical wall outlet.
- Step 2: Turn on the main red light switch at the back of the machine.
- Step 3: Unlock the clamp by pulling the lever up, placing your right or left palm underneath the housing filter in case the twin gears fall.
- Step 4: Press the "Start" button and the housing filter should be released from the body of the machine and the motor will stop running automatically as separating twin gears from housing filter.
- Step 5: Carefully pull the twin gears out from the housing filter.
- Step 6: Turn the red light switch off and unplug the power cord.
11. Twin gears are rattling and making noise.
- Check to see if anything is lodged inside the gears
- Make sure that the slot between the twin gears is clean
- The rattling gears could be a deformation of blades on one or both of the gears. In this case, contact the customer service department at email@example.com